Friday, March 4, 2011

Letter to my Momma

Momma,
I am so excited to get to spend this next week with you. I have missed you so much!
However, while we are home it can't be all manicures and facials :). I am going to have to get some work done. I am working on an ethnographic study, a report that focuses on the underlying culture of a idea or place. I have chosen to look at the Tennessee State Legislature, especially at the role that women play in politics (It's shocking that I picked something in the political arena, huh?). I am really going to need this break to get caught up on the things that I haven't had time to do in the past couple of weeks. You know that I have been running at about a thousand miles an hour. Because of that, this project has been pushed to the back seat. I have done an interview with Vaughn. I have a couple of other interview leads, but I really need to hammer out some details, especially meeting times. I have emailed a lot of women in Tennessee, but I also want to email a woman in another state, maybe Colorado (they have the highest percentage of women in the legislature), to get an outsider perspective as well. I am sure Bonnie would be happy to help with my computer work. When I get back from break, I will need to go and spend some time just observing a meeting or two. I am hoping that I can kill two birds with one stone and possibly just observe after one of my interviews. I am a little nervous that people won't give me the information I need. I am also hoping that can get a lot of differing perspectives so that my project will have some legitimacy.
I can't wait to see you in less than 24 hours!
I love you,
Abby

No comments:

Post a Comment